It’s Thanksgiving, and I am grateful for so much today (wine especially.) The thing is, most of us are grateful for the same things (family, friends, health, ect) and while it is important to remember all of those things, and the people who lack them, I don’t think I need to list them all.
Here are just a few:
1) My family – Many of my friends dread Thanksgiving because it is uninterrupted family time or it is a reminder of those whom they have lost. I am very fortunate that I have/am close to my family. This does not mean that I don’t want to scream when they ask when I plan on getting a real job.
2) My friends – I was pretty much alone in NYC for over a year and am very aware of how lucky I am to have found such a wonderful group of people to become my extended family. I am also lucky to have retained so many good friends from college.
3) Employment – I’ve been unemployed, and while I still barely scrape by, I am in a much better position this year than I was last and will continue to hope for the best. At the end of the day, I am fairly employed and only have to support myself.
4) My health – While I have struggled with depression and anxiety for years, I am stabilized and healthy. I also have health insurance (finally!)
5) Wine – Today I will be surrounded by a whole lot of family. Do I need to elaborate?
Now for the fun portion of this post: here are a few photos I will be thinking about while my family interrogates me on when I’m going to get married.
Get into the holiday spirit with these fun Thanksgiving accessories:
A fetching Thanksgiving hat (the back is my favorite part.)
Happy Thanksgiving! Please pass the wine.